Learning Blade is designed to provide engaging resources that will expose students to STEM related career opportunities and help them develop key skills as they move forward. This innovative approach to STEM education focuses on activities that can be utilized both in a self-paced game environment and as practice in academic classrooms.
This interactive toolkit combines multiple components for each mission:
- STEM Skills – each activity is presented in a real-life context which highlights how STEM skills are used in the real world.
- Hands-On Exercises - projects, activities and design thinking problems help students to see the application of STEM to practical problems
- Career Exploration – each activity links to real-life STEM careers and allows the student to explore both the characteristics and demands of various STEM related fields.
- Academic Relevance – each activity exercises specific academic skills and is directly correlated to academic standards, showing students why school matters.
Learning Blade aims to be an effective resource useful to the entire teaching staff, including language arts, mathematics, social studies and (of course!) science teachers.
- Why We Need Learning Blade
- The Learning Blade System
- The Results from Learning Blade
- Classroom Implementations with Learning Blade